Saturday, October 15, 2011

Update 10-15-2011

When I talked with my doctor, the lab has to store the blood in a particular way/container to test for A1c, which they did not, so I'm out of luck until my next lab.

Blood sugars have been good, fasting in the morning always under 100 (usually 96-98) and low post-prandial. Even yesterday with a lunch at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants, where my wife and I shared a carne asada: probably around 15 chips w/ salsa beforehand, steak, rice & beans, 1/2 avocado, and 3 nachos (chips with melted cheese), my one hour post-prandial BG was 126. It will be interesting to see when I go back to a more "normal" diet, what happens to my BG and if this brief low calorie/low carb diet has made a difference in how I process sugars, per the study in England.

Weight and Bodyfat:


Weight loss of 1 pound. Total now 24.5 pounds.

A bit of a slow down this week. Hard to know if I've adapted in some ways to this diet and down-regulated, or if it's just the way it is.

I've certainly seen exercise continuing to get better (reps increasing), although I've found the more intense schedule difficult and my back is sore today, perhaps from planks, leg lifts, and squats being one day right after another. If my back's still sore next week, I'll modify.

I've also been seeing pants becoming less tight and belts at yet one more notch tighter, so I'm losing inches. It could be that the muscle increase (since muscle is heavier than fat by volume) is making up for some of the fat loss. Again, we'll have to see.

I have only one week left on this restricted, mostly liquid diet, then will relax back, but hopefully still to an amount that will mean continued weight loss of a pound or so a week.

Oh yes, tried a fast this week (Monday dinner to Tuesday dinner). Neither difficult nor easy. Definitely felt hunger pangs. Broke fast with a taco salad, instead of shake. Not sure if I'll do one this week or not. My wife's gone this week, so I'm on my own Monday through Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment